Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Fifth is for Friends!!

Every month on the fifth I will feature art work and crafty creations made by friends of mine!
This first lovely, is a cross stitching piece made by my darling friend Nichole. Take a look and read what she has to say about her work!

I started cross stitching after finding a website full of video game patterns - suddenly stitching looked pretty cool.  I started with simple, small pixelated characters (mario, megaman, link, etc.) before moving on to bigger projects.  This one is my biggest project so far - Samus from the intro of Super Metroid, with a total of 25,920 stitches (17,515 of them being black) I felt quite excited to finally finish it.  I've recently branched out into television as well - the last project being pixel people of the characters of Big Bang Theory, and having recently completed a pattern for a large stitching of the Winchester brothers from Supernatural.  It's turned into a great hobby, I recommend it to anyone with access to a craft store and some spare time to be creative

No comments:

Post a Comment